Privacy & Security Guidelines
Proctortrack by Verificient is a testing solution that provides identity verification and online proctoring services. Our privacy and safety guidelines confirm the security of your data and personal information that we collect.
At Proctortrack, our first and foremost objective is to build a platform of trust and confidence among our partners, educators, and students. And thus, we want to present our detailed privacy structure, our commitment, and practices that we adopt to respect and protect your sensitive information.
Our commitment to the test-taker
At Proctortrack, we commit to safeguarding your information from malware, viruses, theft, data breaches, destruction, misuse, disclosure, and unauthorized access. We foster a trusted environment while monitoring and proctoring an exam. And keeping in mind your privacy concerns, we would like to give you a clear insight into what we do and what we don’t do with your data.
Roles and Definitions:
Test Sponsor – Organization or academic institution that requires Identity Verification and a high level of confidence that no breaches in the test integrity have occurred.
Data Controller – Organization or academic institution that requires the collection of data of its users in order to ensure high integrity in their online credentials. The requirements needed for the test sponsor to deliver a high level of test integrity is dictated by the organization or institution. These high standards of identity verification are often outlined by federal guidelines and required for federally funded Title IV financial aid such as Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG), Federal Perkins Loan, Federal Subsidized and Unsubsidized Direct Loans.
Data Processor – Verificient and its products (Proctortrack, Remotedesk) acts as a processor of data for the Test Sponsor and Data Controller. Processing includes ID verification confirmations and ensuring that there have been no challenges to the test policy outlined by the Test Sponsor and Data Collector. Verificient temporarily stores the data in high-level encrypted data cloud storage facilities and destroys data (typically 90 days) after the submission deadline of terms’ course grades.
What We Do:
What We Don't Do:
- We temporarily collect, process, encrypt and hold student data as authorized by the educational institution/agency, teacher, or the parent/student. It is automatically deleted from our secured servers 90 days after the final course submission date.
Personal Information that you provide through the Services: We collect Personal Information (as per the requirements set by your Test Provider) after receiving consent from you, the user, such as when you:
- Launch the Services from your learning management system;
- Register for and/or login to the Platform; request customer support, a demo, or more information;
- Communicate with us via email or social media sites;
- Provide biometric data, including as part of onboarding to the Services, to create your identity profile; or take a test using our Services.
Personal Information collected through our Services may include the following:
- Photograph of identity document, such as a driver’s license
- Photograph of you
- Telephone Number – (used for tech support only)
- Name of the Test Sponsor(s) (i.e., the educational institution(s)) at which you are enrolled and course test information
- E-mail address
- Test submissions
- Audio and video recordings of you taking tests
- Room scan- scan of the test-room environment
- Biometric data : Typically a Face Scan, which may be considered as biometric information under certain regulatory regimes
- Hardware and software details (background process list, system configuration information, etc)
Please be assured that the actual data collected is limited to the agreed categories (out of the above) with your Test Sponsor as per their proctoring requirements. You may check with your Test Sponsor’s (your school or organization) Privacy Officer for details.
- Credit Card Information is not collected and stored. Certain Test Sponsors may require test takers to make proctoring payments themselves. “Stripe” is used as a third party payment gateway. Credit card information and address will be needed to complete the payment process (only if you are required to make payments directly to us).
- Date of Birth (DOB) records are not collected and stored. With certain Test Sponsors DOB may be required only for verification purposes during registration.
- Keystroke Data is not collected and stored. We may only detect and restrict certain keystrokes to facilitate the test requirements.
- We don’t collect, maintain, use, or share student personal information beyond that needed for authorized educational/school purposes, or as authorized by the parent/student.
- We don’t sell or market your personal information.
- We don’t use or disclose student information collected through an educational service for behavioral targeting of advertisements to students.
- We don’t build a student’s personal profile other than supporting authorized educational/school purposes or as authorized by the parent/student.
- We don’t retain student personal information beyond the period (typically 90 days) required to support the authorized educational/school purposes, or as authorized by the parent/student.
As a cloud-based company entrusted with some of our customers’ most valuable data, we’ve set high-security standards. Proctortrack is the first to be SOC 2 audited in the industry and utilize the SSAE 16/18 framework to provide security reviews. We’ve received several security certifications from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, such as SOC 2 Type 2.
- One In Five U.S. Teachers Lacked The Technology To Teach Remotely https://t.co/ur1Gd4zKwR #EdTech… https://t.co/gkyKdPZUKb5 days ago
- A #HappyThanksgiving to everyone! #Thanksgiving2021 #HappyHolidays #TurkeyDay #FeastDay https://t.co/zSShi8CKhm12 days ago
- #EducationTechnology: How digital learning is enhancing the quality of education remotely https://t.co/GhqOVg3oLp… https://t.co/f5zWDglU7Z14 days ago
- Humber College sanctions 34 realtors for ‘deliberate and organized misconduct’ related to licensing exams… https://t.co/czGmRuPTRd19 days ago