The current pandemic situation has forced colleges and schools to advance their ongoing curriculum. Technology played a pivotal role in leveraging the online mode of learning when the lockdown restrictions took place. As a result, many educational institutions transitioned to online test-taking as physical examinations were stalled, resulting in higher demand for online proctoring tools.
What exactly is online proctoring?
It allows students to take their tests online in a remote location while managing the integrity of the examination. One of the most critical things in a web proctored exam is that students undergo an identity verification process for exam integrity purposes. Not only this, the software flags and detects if any irregular student behavior happens.
Type of Proctoring
1. Live Online Proctoring
2. Recorded Proctoring
3. Advanced Automated Proctoring
Let’s have a look at the disadvantages of offline exam invigilation:
1. Looking at the current global scenario, it is challenging to conduct exams at physical test centers due to the travel ban and lockdown restrictions.
2. Arranging the exam center near the location of the examiner has also become quite challenging nowadays.
3. Qualified examiners are challenging to find, and it’s strenuous to set the seal on the quality of proctoring.
4. Offline invigilation puts the burden on one invigilator to supervise a pool of test-takers.
5. Traveling to faraway exam centers eats up the time of both instructors and students.
Nevertheless, AI (Artificial Intelligence) advancement and its utilization with online test software have empowered examiners to conduct online exams securely, effortlessly, and systematically. Institutes can highly pin their hopes on the online proctors for hassle-free exams.
Also, with the modernization in the learning methods recently, e-learning has become vital for every educational institution. Along with video-based learning and online classes, we can’t forget that the role of online proctoring is undoubtedly becoming very prominent for schools and colleges. Additionally, online proctoring can highly aid in increasing coherence and productivity at the same time.
3 Ways That Online Proctoring Helps With:
● Student Authentication
● Student Behavior Monitoring
● Performance Assessment
Factors that help in driving the growth of online proctoring
Here some analysis on the growth of online proctoring:
➢ Increasing demand due to the growth of e-learning post-Covid-19.
➢ Elimination of expensive exam centers that save funds.
➢ Focus shifted on work-based studentship in order to make them industry-ready.
A remote proctoring application can be a cross-over that ties up both sides of education for students and examiners. Besides, online proctors can surely help educational institutions to subdue the most frequent challenges in imparting education.
Benefits of online proctoring
1. Makes education more accessible for all.
2. Ensure a secure online examination environment.
3. Supervision at a large scale.
4. Saves physical infrastructure costs.
5. Boosts credibility.
6. 3-Point authentication for ID verification
7. Global reach.
8. Suitable for all types of exams.
9. Prevents cheating through secure browser feature
10. Personalized exam scheduling.
12. Prevents plagiarism from different websites
13. Security of information and data privacy
14. AI-based invigilation with human proctors
Future of Online Proctors and why it is necessary:
Online test tools are becoming essential for online courses, MOOCs, high-stakes exams, competitive entrance exams, etc.
Test proctoring software is a need of the hour that ensures health safety while also eliminating the chances of cheating or malpractice during examinations. Also, remote proctoring solutions can detect impersonators or fake identities through continuous ID verification.
Multi-Factor Authentication by Proctortrack
Proctortrack offers multiple ways to verify identity upon entry, including face scan and ID scan, with additional levels of security available for higher-stakes exams.
Impersonation is a common technique adopted by remote test-takers. With Proctortrack, instructors can rest assured that students cannot fake their identities, let alone take external help to cheat while giving the exam. Its AI-based technology detects suspicious cheating patterns of each student.